By Lara Solomon | February 21, 2012
Did you know that the content on Facebook is primarily consumed within the LIKER’s newsfeed, rather than on the page? Plus, Facebook has found that if a brand posts five days out of seven only 16% of its fans will see the content. All of this of course strengthens the case for writing engaging posts. But, wait there is more….
An analysis by Comscore onto the Power of LIKE for the top 100 pages on Facebook showed that for every LIKER on the page an additional 34 friends per LIKERs can be reached, whereas for the top 1000 pages it can be up to 81 friends per LIKER! This is MASSIVE – no longer are you just talking to your small group, but instead you are talking to a potentially much larger number.
Obviously the number of friends of LIKERs that you reach will depend on your page, how many people like your page, the posts you write, how many friends your page LIKERs have and the engagement you get, but it does potentially change the way that you see your page LIKERs.
The diagram below from analysis on Bing’s Facebook page shows that with 1.7million LIKERs/fans on their page they are actually potentially reaching a total of 232million people!
But does this actually matter?
Well yes, because:
- Research found that if people LIKED your page and their Facebook friends also LIKED your page, they were more likely to visit your website than those who didn’t and we aren’t talking a little bit, in the lower results it was 55% of LIKERs and 33% of friends that were more likely…
- They also found that LIKERs and their friends exhibited higher brand engagement than the average internet user…. on Facebook yes I get this, since you can’t interact on the page until you LIKE it, but it doesn’t specify not on Facebook… so hmmm
- Finally the results showed that LIKERs and their friends spent more than the average internet user
I don’t know if you had previously thought about the friends of your LIKERs, but if you didn’t it is time to. If you are going to put the time and effort into Facebook then you want as many people as possible to see your content and learn about your page.
But, how do you reach those friends of your LIKERs? It’s all about the content – every time a LIKER interacts with your page it appears in their personal newsfeed where their friends can see it = make your posts engaging!
Post By Lara Solomon (2 Posts)
Lara is passionate about sharing social media knowledge to help businesses get the most out of their social media marketing. She blogs daily at Social Rabbit on different social media topics, from LinkedIn to Facebook to Twitter and more. She is also a regular guest blogger on Flying Solo, Smart Company and Socialnomics. Visit Lara at Social Rabbit
Like this article? Here's some more:
- The Facebook Timeline Fast Track So… the new Facebook Timeline is here and there’s no going back to the old Facebook that we all know...
- 12 reasons to have a Facebook page I talk to a lot of people who either have a Facebook page for their business or who are thinking...
- Why you need Twitter as well as Facebook for business I already have Facebook, why do I need Twitter as well? This question is asked so often that I have...
If you like it, please share it!
Kick Start Your Website Today!
Get the ultimate guide to attracting more people to your website.
Absolutely no web speak required!
Struggling with Twitter?
- Business Tips
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Generating Revenue
- Google +
- Google AdWords
- Google Analytics
- Grassroots News
- Internet Marketing Strategy
- Online Marketing
- Online Video
- Search Engine Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Small Business Radio Interviews
- Social Media Marketing
- Special Offers
- Web Content
- Web Peeps
- Website Plan
Grassroots Internet Strategy is a partnership between Serena Star Leonard and Melinda Samson.
Find out more About Us
The Best Keyword Research Tool
DIY WordPress Made Easy